Year 10 Work Experience Evening
AGFS Work Experience Programme
We are delighted to inform you of the Work Experience (WEX) programme your child will be enrolled in.
At the beginning of Year 11, all students will undertake a 1 week Work Experience placement in September 2019. This has been a real turning point for students in the past two years and we are sure your child will benefit hugely. The Work Experience Programme is an integral part of the school’s commitment to ensure that pupils leave school with the skills and knowledge needed to join the world of work.
The placements provide a valuable, opportunity for young people to experience working life while they are still at school. It presents them with a chance to:
- Obtain unpaid experience of a professional working week
- Relate their school curriculum and qualifications to the work place
- Work alongside adults as part of a team
- Develop and practice a range of transferable key skills
- Become more confident in their abilities
- Make more informed decisions about their future
- Develop their personal qualities
- To build valuable contacts in the working world
During Year 10 students will participate in a programme of preparation to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their opportunities, commitments and responsibilities whilst on their placement.
In order for parents to understand the process and to support their child, Ark Greenwich Free School, will be holding a WEX Assembly Launch for all Y10 parents on Tuesday 9th October 2018 17:00-18:00. Please confirm your attendance via the following link tinyurl.com/WEXinfoeve
If you have any questions about the programme, please contact Mrs Neville on firstname.lastname@example.org