For all of the latest government guidance relating to Covid 19 click here
Order Your At Home Testing Kits
To order your at home testing kits, click the link here. Please note, you may need to order/collect multiple boxes. Should you need to re-order, you can do so via the same link each time you need a top up.
AGFS cannot provide tests from our testing site, therefore it is the family's responsibility to order tests as needed.
Testing kits are completely free and can be posted to your home directly or picked up at a local testing site. However, you must sign up to do so here.
Continued Education During Absence From School
If scholars are not able to attend school, they should continue to self-quiz on the spring golden nuggets and summer core knowledge for each subject. A copy of the summer core knowledge booklets can be found here. Scholars are encouraged to stretch and extend their learning, by using the platforms linked on page 4 of the core knowledge booklet.
At AGFS we know the most successful scholars are those who demonstrate high levels of independence, often taking responsibility for their own learning and supplementing in-class work with further consolidation activities at home. We have taken some time to provide you with our highly recommended online learning platforms which your child can use to reinforce their learning. Here you will find a range of learning resources on every topic across the curriculum including helpful videos, interactive presentations, revision materials and much more. Scholars already have login details where applicable.
- Oak National Academy: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage
- Be Ready Curriculum: https://bereadygroup.org/free-curriculum/
- BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/secondary
What would the school do if there was another school closure?
Thanks to the depth of expertise that now exists within the school in relation to remote teaching, the school would move immediately to live remote teaching for all lessons. This would involve:
- Scholars following their normal timetable throughout the day, with an additional tutor time at the beginning of each day in place of morning reading.
- Scholars joining online lessons via Microsoft Teams. Links to join each lesson will be posted on Satchel One and via the scholar’s MS Teams calendar before 8.00am each day.
- Scholars completing their class work via Google Classroom. This tool enables teachers to live monitor scholars’ work throughout the lesson. Scholars would be expected to give spoken contributions to lessons via MS Teams.
- Scholars would be given a 5minute screen break at the end of each lesson.
Communications Sent With Important Covid-19 Details
- Arrangements for Return to School - 21st December 2021
- All Parent Covid Update Letter -13th December 2021
- Covid-Safe Protocols at AGFS- 29th November 2021
- Letter from Education and Health Secretary
- Covid Vaccination Clinic at AGFS- 2nd November 2021
- FAQs for Covid-19 Vaccinations in Schools- 13th October 2021
- Return to School Letter- 26th August 2021
- Scholar Covid Briefing Note- updated August 2021